Just over a week ago I heard about this fun reading challenge called The Reading Quest hosted by Aentee over Reading at Midnight. The artwork for this reading challenge was done by CW at Read, Think, Ponder
#TheReadingQuest is a reading challenge which has a bingo board with the list of reading challenges that need to be completed. However, the catch is that you have to pick one of four characters and follow their “quest” and complete their reading challenges (and the side quests which are the reading challenges in the middle) before moving on to the next character. Here are the characters that can be chosen:
And here is the Quest board:
I have chosen to start as the Bard because I have several books that I want to read this month that fulfill those quests and it just sounds cool to be a bard.
So how The Reading Quest works is that each participant starts off with 10 experience points, 10 health points, and at level 1. Participants get to level up every +50 XP. There are several ways to earn points:
- For every book read to complete a step of the quest – +10XP.
- If character challenges are completed before the end of the challenge (Sept. 10th) – +50XP
- +30XP for any character challenges completed after complete your character’s path.
- For every 20 pages read characters will receive +1 Health point
- Players can also earn up to 20 health points for meaningful social media posts with +1HP for each post.
- A book that has a movie/tv adaptation
- A fairy tale retelling
- A book cover with striking typography
- A book translated from another language
- A banned book
These are the books that I plan on reading – in order of the above challenges:
I plan on doing weekly updates during The Reading Quest and which side quests I end up completing.
Let me know if any of you plan on taking part in The Reading Quest and which character quest you chose!
Janelle L. C.
P.S. Don’t forget to subscribe to the blog and follow me on Twitter (@Jlc0904Janelle), Instagram (@jazzyjan101), and to like The Scribbler Facebook page.