It has been a few weeks since my last post. Life has been crazy and I have even been thinking about shutting down my blog completely. However, after talking to a few people, I think I should still keep blogging, the only difference is that I won’t be posting as often as I was back in January. In fact, I might only post my monthly wrap-ups and TBRs for the next few months, mainly because I don’t have a whole lot of time to produce new content.
There are several reasons why I have to take a step back from posting regularly:
- I have moved twice in the last two months.
- School! Some of you might know that I am working on getting my Masters in Library and Information Science online. Last semester I kind of slacked off a bit on my schoolwork because I made the blog more of a priority than it should have been.
- Work – I have been working a lot more hours the past few months which means that I don’t have as much free time as I did before, which is great but it also means that every spare moment that I have is spent on schoolwork or hanging out with friends.
- Friends – I realized that in order to try and gain new followers on the blog I also neglected some of my real-life friendships and I was lonely because of it.
- Due to school and work, I also don’t have as much time to read as I did when I wasn’t taking school seriously. I still read, but my reading has slowed down significantly and my tastes have also been changing.
- Finally, although this probably should have been the first reason, I have been convicted of the fact that for most of last year I was not taking my relationship with the Lord seriously. I was complacent and stagnant and was not really growing much in my Christian walk with the Lord. Looking back now I see some of the negative effects that were a result of that and starting at the beginning of 2018 I knew I had to make some changes. I found a church that I really like, I’ve been reading my Bible consistently, and I am making more of an effort to read more Christian Living books, as well as Christian fiction (It might seem like I am boasting, I’m not, I just wanted to share some of the ways I am trying to grow as a believer in Christ). The Lord has been working in my life in some great ways and He has been showing me some things that I need to work on, e.g. some of the things I read/watch, etc.
Anyway, that is my life update and I will be back next week with my March TBR.
Janelle L. C.